12.20.2005

Office Space Moments
For those of you that are lucky enough to never experience horrible moments where time stands still and the insanity lingers for eternity, I am very, very jealous. I would like to share some of my most recent, horrendous Office Space moments:
  • I had to produce a technical deliverable, for a web-based SOA project that I am working on, in which the sentence "Bob met Alice and magic happens-they get married. " appears.
  • My co-worker received an email that stated:
    "You owe $2 in the 'ambiguity' bucket just inside of my office. I've bolded the two no no's below."
    The sender was serious.
  • One of the project leaders sported a mullet because he thought it was fashionable.
  • As "take aways" from a conference, we received a set of legos with the name of our project printed on them.
  • We volunteered a couple months back with Americorps (a really neat and action/results oriented organization); however, they did make us do team huddles and high-five every hour to promote "togetherness". We also had to do some warm-up exercises that reminded me of the "I must, I must, I must increase my bust" exercises.
  • I worked in a cube-stall-like space referred to as a POD that I had to share with someone else.
  • I was micro-managed by three project managers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home