1.13.2006

Use in a sentence, win a prize (or, just impress your friends)

sesquipedalian

1. Given to or characterized by the use of long words.
2. Long and ponderous; having many syllables.

Store this one away in a special place - it deserves to be dusted off and thrown into casual conversation whenever possible. Or, see how many drinks it takes to completely butcher its pronunciation.

I'm waiting for the perfect moment when I can throw this into an IM chat with my father, who may be the only person in the entire world that insists on using correct grammar and spelling while having an IM conversation. I guess that makes me the only person who always has dictionary.com ready and available when commencing in the act of IM'ing.

Speaking of - fun additions to our vernacular:
IM'ing
Googling/Google
Pinging/Ping
Podding, i.e., I'm Podding (listening to my ipod), can't speak with you at the moment
Cubeland
.Com (as in, "my company has gone .com" - either the person's company has purchased way too many pieces of Herman Miller furniture or the company has gone belly up)
Blogging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home