12.30.2005

DC Restaurant Week, January 9-15--the Beast is Back

Yeah, I know that all my food service buddies would rather get an itchy rash on their nether-regions than deal with the unwashed hordes at yet another Restaurant Week. But for those of us whose food-serving days are well over, it sure is a good way to try out some new eateries on the cheap--3 courses, prix fix at $20.06 for lunch and $30.06 for dinner. Problem with RW is that at some places those prices aren't much of a deal--for instance, you'd have to pay ME 30 bucks to eat a meal at Tony & Joes at the Georgetown harbor (shudder).

But remember, when making your selection--a general rule of thumb is that the pricier the establishment, the more limited their RW options tend to be--which makes sense, considering they’d lose their shirts on food costs otherwise. In the past I’ve had fairly pleasant experiences at Bistro Bis, Vidalia, and Ten Penh. I also had a fairly craptastic experience at New Heights (boring food, few choices, and lackluster service). Got any good RW stories of your own?

Here is my short list of places I'd like to check out this time around:

  • Acadiana
  • IndeBleu
  • Zengo
  • 1789
  • Corduroy
  • Rasika
  • Dino
  • Tabard Inn

Let me know if you have been to any of these spots for RW--I'd love to know how they performed.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm, food-dah!

Viola

1 Comments:

Blogger Viola V. said...

Hi Joe!
I have been DYING to try that place--I also heard they have a great roast beef po-boy, and crawfish pie on the menu. mmmm.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home